View the standard website terms and conditions of use for Yemanya NLP & Development Centre
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Here you'll find the terms and conditions for use of the Yemanya website, as well as information relating to our Anti-Spam and Privacy Policies
In addition, you will be able read up on intellectual property rights and copyright relating to our logos and the site, plus get the low down on our standing as regards governing law, how we handle the whole databases thing and the security setup of the site
- This site is copyright-protected, and users may not download, view and print content from this site.
- All moral rights of Yemanya and its employees/agents are reserved.
- Yemanya cannot screen or edit all the content available from the linked sites and does not accept any liability for illegal, defamatory or obscene content. Users are encouraged to inform Yemanya of any content that may be offensive or illegal.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All the content, trademarks and data on this web site, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or licensed to Yemanya and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
- When a user registers on or sends e-mails to Yemanya or any of its affiliate companies, (hereinafter collectively referred to as Yemanya), that user consents to receiving communications from Yemanya electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Yemanya satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited, to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
- Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Yemanya nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site.
- Furthermore, Yemanya makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to the person referred to in the copyright clause.
- This site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Yemanya suffers any damage or loss.
- The user agrees and warrants that its log-in name and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed to any third party.
- The user allows Yemanya to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Yemanya site and back-office applications.
- All credit card transactions are processed through PayPal, and subject to the security and regulations of their personal PayPAL account.
CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
- Yemanya may, at its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, and not resolved through the Customer Relations Department of Yemanya, then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English. The arbitration rules may be downloaded from: http://www.arbitration.co.za/downloads/expedited_rules.pdf
- Yemanya chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature: PO Box 44623, Linden, Gauteng, 2104.
- Yemanya shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.workinfo.com/Free/Sub_for_legres/Data/POIDA/act2.pdf
- Yemanya may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users:
- name and surname;
- country of residence;
- closest city;
- e-mail address; and
- IP address
- Yemanya collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- to greet the User when he/she accesses the Yemanya web site;
- subject to the User's consent, inform the User of facts relating to his/her access and use of the Yemanya website;
- subject to the User's consent, inform the User about competitions and special offers from Yemanya and/or its partners/affiliates;
- to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Yemanya web site.
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
- The User may elect not to receive any communications from Yemanya and/or its partners/affiliates.
- Yemanya may collect, maintain, save and compile, any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- Yemanya shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto;
- Yemanya shall disclose information without the User's consent only through due legal process; and
- Yemanya may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
- Yemanya owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Yemanya.
- All database information is and remains the property of Yemanya.
- The database is NOT available for rental for campaigns by any person or any legal entity.
- If a service is deemed to be in the interest of Yemanya subscribers, it can be advertised via the standard Yemanya newsletter, but the advertiser will NOT have access to the database.
- Payment for such marketing is strictly COD until an approved line of credit has been established with Yemanya.
- Should the client make use of advertising via our standard Yemanya e-mail campaigns an 'unsubscribe' option will be available on each message, in accordance with prevailing legislation and our standard practice.